Campbell & Haliburton is a locally owned Regina insurance company, and we are proud to be present in the same city that we started in 1957!! Being part of the Regina community is one of the most important values of our company. We are a certified SGI CANADA broker and know the importance of not just selling an insurance policy, but educating each customer.
“I’m leaving on a Jet plane, don’t know when I’ll be back, but I’m leaving on a jet plane.” Yep, it’s my favourite song as I walk through the Regina airport, my carry-on case gracefully rolling behind me. As I walk and sing in my head, I’m doing the mental checklist to make sure I’ve got everything done:
- Lights put on automatic timers ✔️,
- Home insurance policy on the table, just in case something happens while I’m gone ✔️
- Car policy on the table ✔️
- Have someone coming to check on my house while I’m gone ✔️
- Travel Insurance – Nooooo! I forgot to purchase that… oh well I’ll be fine I don’t need it.
But let’s do a quick review:
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is a type of insurance that helps to cover the cost of medical care if you become sick or injured while travelling.
When do you need it?
If you plan to travel outside Canada ‒ even for a single day ‒ you should buy travel health insurance before your trip or vacation.
There are a number of risks you face when travelling, and travel insurance can help protect you from financial loss in the event of an emergency. If you need medical assistance while abroad, travel insurance can help cover the cost of your medical bills and care. And if your trip is cancelled or interrupted, travel insurance can reimburse you for non-refundable expenses.
Travel insurance is an important consideration for any trip, and it’s especially important if you’re travelling to a country with high medical costs or risks.
Outside of Canada what is covered under Travel Insurance?
No matter where in the world you are travelling, there are 3 basic medical expenses your travel health insurance policy should always cover: medical evacuation from your travel destination if required, coverage for any pre-existing conditions you have, and repatriation (covering the cost of transporting your remains should you pass away during your trip).
Every travel medical insurance policy is unique, as one has many options when applying for coverage. Most travel medical insurance policies typically cover:
- Emergency medical treatment for illness or injury
- Prescription medications
- Emergency dental treatment services
- Essential medical equipment (crutches, wheelchairs, slings, braces, etc.)
- X-rays and other diagnostic laboratory procedures (bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc.)
- Required ground, air or sea ambulance services
- Follow-up post-medical appointments with healthcare providers
- Medical evacuation
- Ambulance travel to the nearest hospital
- Meal expenses and accommodations while waiting for medical care
The next time you are preparing for you trip, check off the very first thing — purchase travel insurance. Contact us today, Campbell & Haliburton Insurance for your insurance needs!
Our Trusted Regina Insurance Agents at Campbell & Haliburton have your best interests and safety in mind and our commitment to customer service is one of the pillars of our business. We also know insurance inside and out, so please get in touch with us for all of your insurance needs and we will be more than happy to help ensure what you value most is protected.
**(This is a general overview. There are many different insurance companies, and there are always differences in insurance policies. For specific details on your policy and coverage, we recommend that you contact your agent or broker.)