In this blog, the Campbell & Haliburton Insurance team explain homeowner’s insurance. Further, we let you know how you can get the best coverage for your home!


Homeowner’s Insurance


What Is It?


Have you bought your first home? Are you looking to update your homeowner’s insurance? Or, are you exploring options in the property insurance line?

In Saskatchewan, home insurance packages can be as varied as your needs and budget. If you have a mortgage, it will require you to carry fire insurance at a minimum but to protect your investment; there are a range of products to consider. A home insurance policy typically covers fire, lightning, smoke, pipes bursting, vandalism, theft and attempted theft, windstorm, and hail.


Basic Vs. Comprehensive Coverage


Beyond basic coverage for the loss of your home, more comprehensive property insurance coverage may be required for personal items. Therefore, understanding your insurance needs begins with evaluating your property’s value. It’s important to note that this figure may also be different from your purchase price. Knowing the cost of rebuilding your home is essential should a catastrophic event occur. This is called the guaranteed replacement cost.


Are you a new homeowner? Click here to contact today for home insurance!


How Can I Get The Best Rates Possible?


As an insurance policy package isn’t a one-size-fits-all, it’s important to talk to an insurance representative or broker to understand your options. This will help you get the best home and condo insurance rates. Further, brokers can review your insurance policy with you so you are familiar with your deductibles, coverage limits, and replacement values. Campbell & Haliburton licensed brokers serve Regina and Saskatchewan area and can assist you in deciding on the best home insurance policy that meets your needs and budget.

Contact us so you have the peace of mind of knowing you have a homeowner’s insurance policy that can meet both your requirements and needs!