In this blog, the Campbell & Haliburton team gives a tenant insurance overview by exploring some frequently asked questions. We answer these three in particular: what is tenant insurance, what does tenant insurance cover, and where can I get it?


So, What Is Tenant Insurance?


Most people understand home insurance, but did you know that, as a renter, most Regina property management companies will require you to have tenant insurance? This insurance will protect your personal belongings from fire, theft, water, and sewer back-up.

Comprehensive tenant coverage insures your home’s contents, including personal property, and can also provide liability coverage for unforeseen events. There are various choices, so requesting a quote on any personal property insurance you may be considering is important. This is because it allows you to compare the available options for renters. Further, this helps you understand the coverage while finding the best rate for your tenant insurance.


What Does It Cover?


It covers higher-end items such as:

  1. Jewelry
  2. Boats and Motors
  3. Bicycles
  4. ATVS

Similar valuables can also be insured under the umbrella of tenant insurance. It’s essential to both protect your belongings and have additional living expenses covered should your circumstances make this necessary.


Did you know? You need tenant insurance when you're renting!


How Do I Get It?


Campbell & Haliburton ( is proud to have served Regina tenants since 1957. Further, is a certified SGI Canada insurance broker that knows the importance of selling an insurance policy and educating each customer, as such we offer affordable tenant insurance can meet any need. One of our knowledgeable brokers would be happy to discuss your coverage with you so you receive the best possible policy to meet your specifications. Please feel free to contact us for a quote, and we will be pleased to review your options.